Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wrestling With Ice Cream

   I have been experimenting with new healthy recipes lately that I will be sure to add to my blog.  That being said, sometimes I am just not in the mood to cook after a day of class.   The hubs and I had just finished a delicious healthy meal of grilled steaks, asparagus, veggies, and salad.  It was so easy and delicious but it left me hankering for a sweet something.  The hubs was craving a shake from McD's, so I needed to find something that would satisfy my own sweet tooth.  If you know me, you'll know that I'm big on cutting sugar and carbs from my diet.  I could go on and on about how you should be watching carbs (not sodium, not fat) but I'll save that for another post.  I decided to look on the McD website to see if I could find something that was still sweet and that wouldn't ruin my healthy meal.  A kiddie ice cream cone.  Bingo.  WHO KNEW! It only had 8 carbs and I didn't feel guilty about wanting it.  
   So off we went in search for our sweets.  The girl handed Danny his shake and then I saw it.  The huge-est (yes I just said huge-est) mound of ice cream that I have ever seen fit on a tiny ice cream cone.  I was somewhere between horror, amazement, and comedy.  I took the cone and then I sat there in the passenger seat trying to decide what to do.  Do I eat the whole thing?  This clearly did not look like a 8 carb ice cream cone anymore.  Do I throw it away?  Sigh.  So I did what any normal person would do.  I asked the hubs to pull over and with two fingers, I swiped half of the mound of ice cream off my cone and threw it in the grass outside the car window.  Dilemma solved.  I now had my 8 carb ice cream cone that I wanted and I'm sure the nearby grass got an extra dose of calcium.  Everyone won.

No comments:

Post a Comment