Sunday, January 29, 2012

Metamorphosis

So things have been moving so fast I completely forgot to blog!  Yikes!!  Nursing school is fantastic and I can't believe what a difference a major life change makes.  I am surrounded by supportive, mature, and positive people every day and so far, so good.  All of the nursing students are working toward a common goal which is to survive school and make it out alive so there is definitely something that binds us together.  It is a weird sort of vibe that we all have going on.  Somewhere in the air between us floats a mixture of fear, nervousness, excitement, pride, and drive.  It is something that I have not felt for quite awhile, but it is the reason I fought for this.  I feel alive, renewed, and like a new person.  To top off this whole metamorphosis thing I have going on I made a few changes.  First, I deactivated my Facebook account to just get away from the drama and concentrate on school for awhile.  No doubt I will be back, but not for now.  Second, I dyed my hair back to its natural color.  It is strange to look in the mirror and not see those blond highlights, but I feel pretty good about it.  Call it an early midlife crisis or just a transition in my life, but for right now I'm calling it excellent! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment