Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Healthy Recipe and Not-So Healthy recipe

Here is my healthy recipe that is similar to my protein pancakes.  Found this online at bodybuilding.com and I love it.


Protein Waffles






1 c. whey protein powder
1 egg
1/2 c. water
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. vanilla
one banana


Mix thoroughly and pour into a heated waffle maker that has been greased.  You can also add 1 tsp. of mini chocolate chips to the batter once it has been poured onto the waffle maker if you want a little extra flavor, but keep in mind this will be an increase in sugar and carbs.  This recipe makes about 6 small sized waffles ( I have a regular waffle maker, not a huge belgian waffle one, but I'm sure it would work with that one too, just wouldn't make as many).  I also suggest doubling the recipe and freezing these waffles.  Enjoy!


Pumpkin Muffins- found on allrecipes.com

My mom made these.  Super easy! I had one bite and they are so easy that I decided to share with those who need a sweet treat or for those of you who aren't as concerned about carbs. : )

1   15 oz can pumpkin
1   18.25 oz yellow cake mix
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
Splenda brown sugar mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 12 muffin pan or grease 12 muffin liners within pan.  Mix all ingredients together and divide batter evenly between 12 muffin cups.  Top with brown sugar and bake for 20-25 minutes or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.






No comments:

Post a Comment