Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Protein recipes!

So I've been trying to eat a lot more protein lately because my trainer said I should.  It is REALLY hard!! Do you know how much 140 grams of protein is? A lot.  Consider that about one egg has 6 grams of protein per egg...yes, it is a lot to eat in a day, but it is working.  Anywho, because of this new goal to eat lots of protein, I've stumbled across a few little recipe gems.  The first is my go-to protein smoothie that I drink after I work out.  Yes, there is banana in it and orange juice, so there is a bit of sugar, but c'mon people, I will not eat/drink anything that doesn't taste decent.  My trainer suggested only drinking this post workout or if I'm substitute teaching or in a time crunch jam.  The second is a protein pancake recipe I found on the Hitch Fit website blog.  Hope you love it as much as I do!

Protein Fruit Smoothie

1 1/2 scoop whey protein ( I use the gold standard brand vanilla creme whey)
one carton greek yogurt (any flavor- small serving size)
handful of frozen berries
one banana
splash of orange juice
ice cubes

Blend all together.  This can easily be doubled and stored for a day or two.


Peanut Butter Protein Pancakes

2 scoops whey protein
8 egg whites
2 Tbs Peanut butter
2 1/2 Tbs Brown Sugar Splenda blend
1 c oatmeal

Blend all ingredients.  Spray nonstick pan and let pan heat up to a medium heat.  Pour a scoopful of batter into pan and flip when bubbles appear on pancake.   Batter is very liquid, but if pan is hot enough, it shouldn't spread too much.  Makes about 6-8 pancakes.
*These are thin pancakes and dense, but it is a pancake substitute, it's not going to be perfect.  I topped mine with a tiny bit of peanut butter and banana to make it go down a little easier.  







No comments:

Post a Comment