Friday, July 13, 2012

My New Addiction

Before I started getting back into shape the thought of protein powder absolutely disgusted me.  Something healthy?  In powder form?  No thanks, I'll pass.  That was me last year.  However, let me tell you that since then I have done a complete 180.  Hello, My name is Elizabeth, and I am a protein powder addict.  I think it is important to note: NOT ALL PROTEIN POWDERS ARE CREATED EQUAL!!  Yes, there are some really nasty protein powders out there.  I know because I tried them.  My world was rocked one day when a dietitian at Hy-Vee introduced me to NNW Healthy 100% whey protein.  She likes it because it has Stevia as a sweetener and according to her, has a great protein profile.  I just like it because it tastes good and has a great serving of protein. : )  Holy moly.  This stuff is like a dessert shake if you follow the recipe below.  I usually do the first recipe after my workout and then the second recipe if I'm on the go and need a little pick me up before a workout.  I do not do both in one day.  I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!!    Oh, I also tried PB2 for the first time.  It's a peanut butter in powdered form.  It gives you the flavor of peanut butter without the extra calories and it is easier to shake up with my blender ball container for my on the go shake.  You can find both the protein powder and PB2 at Hy-Vee in the health food section, but I think there may be some Price Choppers that have them too.  By the way, this stuff is not cheap.  I usually buy the 2 lb bag which is about $20, but it is worth it and the bag lasts me for a few weeks.




Funky Monkey Post Workout Shake

1 c. milk (you can substitute almond milk)
1/2 banana ( I like to freeze my bananas-gives better texture for smoothies)
1 Tbsp. all natural peanut butter
1 c. ice
1 1/2 scoops NNW Healthy 100% Whey Protein Powder (peanut butter chocolate flavor)

Blend and enjoy!!!
Funky Monkey With Regular 2% Milk


Funky Monkey With Almond Milk












On The Go Pre Workout Shake


1 Tbsp. PB2 peanut butter
1 1/2 scoops NNW Healthy 100% Whey Protein Powder (peanut butter chocolate flavor)
1 cup almond milk (you can also use regular milk)

Shake and enjoy!!


On The Go Shake Nutrition Info


No comments:

Post a Comment