Friday, April 6, 2012

Yes, You Too Can Survive Starbucks!


I love Starbucks.  I love everything about a cold coffee drink that gives me a caffeine boost when I need it.  What I do not like about most coffee drinks is the insane amount of sugar that comes with said drink.  As with most eating out obstacles it is important to look up menus and nutritional information beforehand, OR have a very competent friend nearby that is well versed in whatever that establishment has to offer.  When asked if I wanted to meet up for some Starbucks at Barnes and Noble for a nursing study session I immediately accepted at the prospect of meeting up again with my favorite drink that I order at Starbucks.

That being said, some of "my" greatest finds are not my own, but come from advice and tips from friends.  A good friend of mine introduced me to the iced skinny mocha.  From that first sip we have been inseparable.  Don't bother ordering anything bigger than a tall.  You don't NEED it and it isn't worth it.  A tall is chocolately enough for me and gives me the needed boost I sometimes need.  So enjoy your Starbucks, people.  No need to give up something when it isn't necessary. : )  By the way, I brought along my own protein bar.  It filled me up and I wasn't tempted to indulge in those delicious looking pastries that are always featured at Starbucks.

Most important nutritional info on skinny mocha (tall):
70 Calories
7g net carbs
7 g protein

1 comment:

  1. Breve latte, dear sister - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caff%C3%A8_breve

    No sugar so you're not triggering a crazy insulin response

    ReplyDelete