Sunday, April 15, 2012

My New Favorite "Pancake" Recipe!

So typically I'll have two eggs and either bacon or Canadian bacon for breakfast along with a glass of 1% milk.  But sometimes the old eggs and bacon gets a little monotonous so I have to find ways to mix up my breakfast routine.  I stumbled upon a recipe for these pancakes here, however, I had to change up the recipe a bit so I put my version below.  They are super easy (aside from the tricky flipping-they are easy to break) and quick!! I like to top mine with 1/3 cup of blueberries and some lite syrup.   These are a bit carb heavy with the banana so these are best in the morning or post workout and make sure you pair these with some other protein like some meat/ glass of milk/etc.  Yummy!  Enjoy!!
*Note: I like these better than the previous protein pancakes I posted. : )

Best "Pancakes" Ever
makes 3-4 small pancakes (1 Serving)

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. Almond Flour (I use Bob's Red Mill brand- you can find it at your local grocery store in Health food section)
1 egg
1 medium banana
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

1.  Mash banana in a bowl.  Add all of the other ingredients and blend well.


2.  Pour batter onto greased pan (2-3 Tbsp of batter per pancake will give you about 3-4 pancakes).


3.  Turn pancakes when edges appear firm and cooked.  These pancakes will not bubble like regular pancakes.  Also, don't mess with them until you have to.  If you try to flip too early, they will break!!


4.  Gently flip pancakes when underside is light golden brown.  Let pancakes cook on other side until entire pancake is firm.


5.  Top with your favorite fruit and lite syrup.  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment